Important Information for the Closing of the Christmas Term and Preparation for Next Term
We are approaching the end of the Christmas Term! I join with the songwriter in saying, “To God Be the Glory, Great Things He Hath Done.”
The Board of Directors, Faculty and Staff of Kingsway High and Prep School thank you for your unswerving support and commitment given throughout the term and look forward to your continued partnership in 2021.
Please pay keen attention to the following information/dates:
- The Christmas Term will end on Tuesday, December 15, 2020.
- Grade 1 Assessment will be done on December 16 & 17, 2020 on campus (face to face).
- Home and School Association (HSA) Meeting for High School parents will be held on Thursday, December 17, 2020 at 6:00 p.m. via Zoom Platform. Meeting I.D. and Passcode will be sent prior to the meeting.
- Grade 5&6 Parents Meeting will be held on Monday, December 21, 2020 at 6:00 p.m. via Zoom Platform
- Registration for the Easter Term will be done from December 21-22, 2020 and January 4, 2021 from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- The Easter Term will begin on Tuesday, January 5, 2021 online. If there is not a spike in the number of Covid-19 cases, face to face classes will begin on a phased basis on Monday, January 18, 2021. Further information will be given in the HSA Meetings.
- The Kindergarten Division Classes will mainly be done face to face. Parents/Guardians with children having underlying conditions are asked to make contact with the school during the Registration Period for arrangements for synchronous teaching/learning.
- A blended approach will be used for Prep and High School Classes come Monday, January 18, 2021. Your child/ward will be required to be physically present on campus for at least two days per week. However, there may be a different arrangement for Grades 5, 6 and Form 5 students. Further information will be provided in upcoming meetings.
- Report Distribution will be as follows:
• Kindergarten Division – Tuesday, January 12, 2021 (Pick up at office) 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
• Preparatory Division – No hardcopy of reports will be distributed. Instead, reports will be emailed to students’ account as follows:
✓ Grades 1 & 2 – Tuesday, January 12, 2021
✓ Grades 3 & 4 – Wednesday, January 13, 2021
✓ Grades 5 & 6 – Thursday, January 14, 2021
• High School – Reports should be collected from the Office as follows:
✓ Form 1 – Tuesday, January 12, 2021 – 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
✓ Forms 2 & 3 – Wednesday, January 13, 2021 – 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
✓ Forms 4 & 5 – Thursday, January 14, 2021 – 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Changes to the information provided above will be communicated to parents/guardians on a timely basis.
Once again, we thank you for your support and wish for you and your families a peaceful Christmas Break and a prosperous New Year. We look forward to welcoming everyone back to school in January. Please remember to keep safe!!